Among the many adjustments distributors are making in their business during COVID-19, responding to sudden changes have also put increased stress on database and application support.
The way your employees and customers are working is rapidly changing and supporting those evolving needs can be a strain on distribution IT teams. It can be difficult to meet employee demands and fulfill necessary IT requirements as more employees work remotely. How you serve your employees is one of the most important considerations of your IT strategy and during an unpredictable period such as the one we now face, it is imperative that you have the ability to provide database and application support to those who need it.
Distribution IT teams face increased support challenges right now with regard to DBA and support issues:
- Supplying remote access and monitoring
- Ensuring uptime and availability
- Managing scalability and capacity as volatility in the markets you serve also creates growth in your database
- Staying up on increased security concerns
- Managing requests for new hardware
- Handling increased support call volumes
- Managing VPN administration requirements
- Supporting end user email and application issues
- Increased need for support availability and hours
- Managing projects that are falling behind due to lack of resources
Unfortunately, database expertise can be rare and expensive and thus, difficult to scale up or down inside of a distribution organization. Add to that the increased need for end user and application support around ERP functions, email, workflows data, visibility and more and you have a recipe for IT team burnout.
That’s where Tridex Systems can step in to help you fill the gap and supplement your own IT team’s capabilities. We’ve helped many clients improve the security and performance of their systems. Additionally, our experts are also long-time wholesale distribution technology and enterprise software specialists as well. You’ll get more than a generic database administrator; you’ll get specialized industry veterans who think about your systems strategically.
Providing application access for remote workers across many locations and servers can be challenging. Fortunately, Tridex Systems has some of the distribution industry’s best database, application and networking specialists to ease your burden. Whether working through issues with your VPN, email, Infor Distribution and Cloudsuite support, hardware or security, many distribution companies turn to Tridex to put the best available technologies in place.